Icewind Dale, a classic Dungeons & Dragons adventure originally released back in 2000 on PC, is coming back to multiple platforms on PC and mobile as an enhanced edition, aptly named Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.
Set in Wizard of the Coast’s Forgotten Realms campaign backdrop, the Enhanced Edition will embrace a new generation of players, both newbie and old fans, to the both familiar and fresh adventure on PC/Mac, iPad and Android tablets and phones.
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will feature a series of enhancements including:
- Six expanded quests, featuring content cut from the original game
- 60 new items
- Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions
- 31 new class and kit combinations from Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, well as the half-orc playable race
- 122 new spells carried over from Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
- Cross-platform multiplayer
- A new “Story Mode” difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens
- Available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
Over at PAX last week, Beamdog and Wizard of the Coast announced the start of pre-orders on PC/Mac priced $19.99. And based on the FAQ on the official site, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be likely to release on iOS and Android within a month and available in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.